Old May 16th 04, 01:27 PM
Fam. Schuurman

Default ASUS P4P800 SE does not power down, at leats not for my outlet with a15W master socket

I have a 8-socket outlet where 1 socket is the master having a threshold
of 15W. If the power consumption of the master socket is less than 15W,
the outlet will switch off all 8 sockets.
When I attach my new computer with a ASUS P4P800 SE motherboard to the
master socket, the outlet does not switch off all 8 sockets when I
shutdown/powerdown via Windows XP: my monitor goes into suspend mode and
my modem/router stays on. Apparently the power consumption of my
computer is still larger that 15W. Only when I push the on/off switch at
the back of my computer, the outlet switches off all my components on
the 8 sockets.

How can I fix this?

By the way, the outlet worked with my old computer with a different
motherboard and Win98SE by shutting down Win98SE. I also upgraded the
BIOS of my new motherboard to the latest version.

Jur Schuurman