Old February 7th 20, 02:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default KVM Anomaly

wrote:
On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 11:03:03 -0500, John McGaw wrote:

On 2/6/2020 9:45 AM,
wrote:
This has been driving me nuts.
I cannot retain my desktop icon layouts.
I have two PCs, one W10, one dual-boot W7 & W10.
They are linked via a 2-port USB VGA KVM.
I never have desktop arrangement-retention trouble on the first PC
whether I use the KVM or not.
I never do on the second either as long as I leave the KVM alone.
Even when I shut down and restart.
BUT, if I have both PCs on, and use the KVM to go back and forth,
the desktop icons on the second PC immediately revert to another
layout, but with the same icons. Happens W7 and W10.
Any ideas?
Sammy

Do you have the desktop layout set to auto-arrange icons on the problem
system? I don't know why switching the KVM would trigger a change but it
seems possible from a distance.

I don't either.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html
When I try to go to abobe site. I get:

Error 1005 Ray ID: 56111b177882ea7a • 2020-02-07 00:04:19 UTC
Access denied
What happened?

The owner of this website (www.tenforums.com) has banned the
autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (40676) from
accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 56111b177882ea7a • Your IP: 172.106.12.212 •
Performance & security by Cloudflare

I think where you're "hailing" from at the moment (your apparent home),
has caused problems before.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussio...rom-psychz-net

It's possible "psychz.net" is on a list, for not paying attention to
abuse reports sent to them. Surely you must have noticed "blocks" on
some of the other web sites you've tried to visit from your VPN...
The blocks aren't all because of some Javascript problem. They're
routing blocks.

Paul