Old July 2nd 18, 01:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

Bill wrote:
Robert wrote:
Bill wrote in part:
Paul wrote:
To deal with Seamonkey I delete a few things manually.

I AM using Seamonkey too! Are there some things that aren't
getting deleted that you could tell me about? Maybe that's
where the process time is going....too much on "counters.dat"!

With any browser which stores lots of user-data, annually I
save a minimum of required data (bookmarks, contacts for those
who use them), then create a new blank user profile and use it.
This leaves a lot of cruft behind in the old profile. Hard to
pick out what to delete, just trash it all after the new is working.

-- Robert

I appreciate that tip! TYVM!

Bill

Most browsers have an "Export Bookmarks".

That's the bit worth saving.

In some browsers, the option is buried three
layers deep, as if they don't want you to know
the option is available.

This converts proprietary formats such as
..jsonlz4 or some binary database format,
into something you can use for "import" later.

This should be done before making significant
changes to the browser and trashing the
possibility of Export.

Paul