Old January 2nd 04, 01:23 PM
Darthy

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:40:09 -0800, "Dom Powell"
wrote:

[Snippage: the 4200 was a damn fine card, and in a better world still be
produced and sold at around $50.00 as a budget option.]

So is the Ti4200 still worth what it's selling for (when it's available)?
US$75.00 - $85.00?

yep.... why pay $100 for slower.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...ournament_2003

I really like what I've seen and heard about the 4200, and I'm worried that
the price is going to start spiking as the things become scarcer. But I
don't want to buy if it's going to be hopelessly obsolete -- or if the price

Everything is hopeless... If the OTHER cheap cards are slower today,
they will be slower tomorrow.

of the newer cards (say the 5600 Ultra) is set to start dropping
precipitously. What are the odds that it'll be compatible with a new(ish)
motherboard 12 months from now?

They'll be just as INCOMPATIBLE with the new PCI-Express boards in
12months as any other AGP card.

Spend $85 get the Ti4200... spend $195 for a GF5900XT... or spend $239
for the ATI9800PRO from microcenter.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!