Old May 28th 04, 01:28 PM
Kevin Childers

If your trying to dual boot with Fedora, that may be the cause of your
problem. In an article at /. (Slash dot)
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...id=110&tid=187
about a week a go it was noted that there was a problem with dual booting
Fedora and Windows 2K or XP. Follow the link for the full details.

KC

"simiel" wrote in message
I need help to multi boot the system.

I have the HP Compaq1 Presario SR1030NX, it came with the system
installed on the hard drive.

I am trying to make this into a multi boot system and having no luck.

Using Norton Ghost to make an image of the C:\ partition.
Using Partition magic to make partition active.
This works fine on other computer, Windows ME, but can't make it work
with this system.

I have made two 30 GB partitions, and have dumped both images to the
partitions, when I change the active partition I get an eror message
file corrupt unable to proceed. Tried fresh install on the second
portion, and system locks up wit eror 19 then stops.

Seems like there is a hidden start up sector that is stopping the dual
boot, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I want to run many OS on this machine.