Old March 11th 07, 05:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

Default eVGA 7600GS for HDTV HT

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:11:05 -0500, Old Guy wrote:

Any issues / problems with using this card for HDTV home theater? Any
issue with 1366 x 768?

Shouldn't be any problems.

The card is going into a PC that currently using onboard video from a
nVidia 6100 GPU. (Ath 3700 San Diego, 1gb memory, 1.2tb storage)

Looking for smoother DVD playback.

I've got MythTV running on a 6100 and finally got decent HD playback using
the standard decoding and kernel deinterlacing. Using XvMC played ok but
audio was choppy. I don't watch much on this box as it's the server. A
driver upgrade may or may not fix the XvMC playback.