Old June 23rd 03, 08:51 AM
Cyde Weys

kony wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 03:56:20 GMT, Cyde Weys
wrote:

I just received some e-mail ("spam") that offered a great deal on a DVD
burner: only $140! Before I buy it though, I have some questions ... it
supports +R and +RW media. Are these the good kinds? I.e. compatible
with DVD players? Also, the DVD-R write speed is 4X - is that bad,
good, etc.? Are there significantly faster ones on the market?

Anyway, the URL for the product is
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u=I21-8130%20P

P.S. - Has anyone dealt with Tiger Direct before, and are they a good
retailer?

Don't people EVER learn?

Okay, I admit, I subscribed to their list, but I call it "spam" because
it's VERY RARE that I ever find something useful in the newsletter.

What do you think happens when you allow people to profit from spam?

BTW, Tigerdirect has such a bad reputation (having nothing to do with
spam) that most experienced purchasers won't touch them with a 10-foot
pole. Check out resellerratings or any of the major forums, or the
better business bureau in many states... they all have files on
Tigerdirect.

What kind of stuff are we talking about? Selling broken products? Not
delivering what was promised?