Old May 12th 05, 04:07 AM
Larc

On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:23:29 -0500, Mister Max
wrote:

| "Sharanga Dayananda" posted:
|
| I doubt whether any nVidia or ATi cards can do independent gamma for
| each display.
|
| Pre-sale help at Matrox emailed me that
| "the best card for you would be our Millennium P650. ... All three skus
| support dual color calibration and support 2 digital monitors up to and
| including 1920 X 1200."
|
| An expert at protonic.com recommended the Nvidia NVS 280.
|
| An appendix to a Nvidia Technical Brief on nView says that the Nvidia
| GeForce4 MX/Go and GeForce4 Ti cards have "Digital Vibrance Control
| Technology" which "enables users to independently tune the video settings
| for each of the display devices, resulting in richer, brighter, and
| clearer images."
|
| Anybody have an opinion on which would be better?

I can't say definitively which is better since I've used only the
Matrox P650 of those you mention. But I can say it's an excellent
card that will do exactly what you say you want at least as well as
any other card I've experienced.

One of the strong points about Matrox is that they aren't forever
introducing new products and quickly abandoning support for last
year's models. Their support is second to none IMHO. There will
undoubtedly be occasional updated drivers for the P650 as long as you
would want to use it. And if history is an indicator, there will be
appropriate Matrox drivers as soon as you need them when the next
version of Windows is available.

Larc