Old May 12th 05, 02:49 AM
jayson

On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:23:29 -0500, Mister Max
wrote:

"Sharanga Dayananda" posted:

I doubt whether any nVidia or ATi cards can do independent gamma for
each display.

Pre-sale help at Matrox emailed me that
"the best card for you would be our Millennium P650. ... All three skus
support dual color calibration and support 2 digital monitors up to and
including 1920 X 1200."

An expert at protonic.com recommended the Nvidia NVS 280.

An appendix to a Nvidia Technical Brief on nView says that the Nvidia
GeForce4 MX/Go and GeForce4 Ti cards have "Digital Vibrance Control
Technology" which "enables users to independently tune the video settings
for each of the display devices, resulting in richer, brighter, and
clearer images."

Anybody have an opinion on which would be better?

- Max

The P650 is an awfully good card and the drivers are solid. And I've
always considered Matrox to have the best 2D. But I happen to own the
650 so I'm biased.