Old May 12th 05, 12:23 AM
Mister Max

"Sharanga Dayananda" posted:

I doubt whether any nVidia or ATi cards can do independent gamma for
each display.

Pre-sale help at Matrox emailed me that
"the best card for you would be our Millennium P650. ... All three skus
support dual color calibration and support 2 digital monitors up to and
including 1920 X 1200."

An expert at protonic.com recommended the Nvidia NVS 280.

An appendix to a Nvidia Technical Brief on nView says that the Nvidia
GeForce4 MX/Go and GeForce4 Ti cards have "Digital Vibrance Control
Technology" which "enables users to independently tune the video settings
for each of the display devices, resulting in richer, brighter, and
clearer images."

Anybody have an opinion on which would be better?

- Max

"Mister Max" wrote in message
. 97.136...
I want to upgrade my graphics card from a Matrox G550, which doesn't
support the full native resolution of my new LCD monitor, and won't
let me adjust colors separately on two monitors. I don't use games
or TV, so I don't need 3D.

My system:
Monitors: Samsung 213T DVI LCD + Sony CRT
Motherboard: AGP slot. Intel D845HV. Bus Clock 100 MHz.
Processor: 180 GHz Pentium 4. 8 KB primary, 256 KB secondary cache
OS: Windows XP Pro SP2
Primary use: Photoshop CS2 (My upgrade is on order.)

Objectives:
1. To use the native 1600x1200 resolution of the LCD.
2. To calibrate the two monitors separately: Adobe Gamma, color,
etc.

What graphic card should I buy?
- Max

--
MisterMax

http://buten.net/max/
Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Malaysia, Maui,
Morocco, Mt Holly, Myanmar (new), Sicily, St Tropez, Singapore,
Thailand (new), Tour de France.

http://pbase.com/mistermax - Shadows and Reflections