Old November 14th 04, 01:00 AM
Richard Hopkins

"-= a q u a b u b b l e =-" wrote in message...
I'm gathering together a parts list to build a HTPC. As I'm in Europe, the
best connection I can get to my TV is by RGB SCART. I understand
that with a little wiring job, the old G400 could output to RGB SCART.
However, I was wondering, are there any newer Matrox cards that have
this capability?

Don't know for certain about the G450 and 550, although my strong belief is
that they don't.

Parhelia and P650/P750 definitely can't, although it is possible to wire up
one of the VGA outputs via a sync generator and define a custom resolution,
effectively producing the same thing.

G400 has the best TV output quality of any recent Matrox cards anyway, due
to separate maven chip, so if you don't need any of the extra bells and
whistles in the newer cards, your best bet is simply to get a '400 nice and
cheap off eBay.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom