Old February 5th 20, 08:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MissRiaElaine

Default DVD Player Region Rules?

On 05/02/2020 17:00, Steve W. wrote:

There are multiple ways of doing that with the stand alone players.
There is even a web site showing some of the various hacks, where you
press a sequence of buttons to access a buried menu to turn off region
coding.

For the PC drives it would likely be some coding that either prevents
the region being stored in the firmware or a way that it would overwrite
the region without triggering the counter. Never really thought about it
much because there are not many things I would watch from other
countries. There is even less from the U.S. with all the remakes of
sequels to bad movies these days...

Ah, there we differ. I have a lot of DVD's from the US, notably the
entire box set of a series I got into on Channel 5 a few years ago
called 'La Femme Nikita." The DVD's were never sold outside the US, so I
got a friend there to get them for me.

--
Ria in Aberdeen