Old March 3rd 07, 05:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Young Mandy

Default Recovering Gigabyte 7NF RZ after BIOS change!

I wonder if someone can give my friend any advice.
He has a Gigabyte 7NF RZ with a Sempron 2200 (I think it is that) CPU and
because his readings showed it only had a 994 mhz speed he tried to alter
the settings (not flash it) in the BIOS.
He said he changed some settings but he can't remember which ones,
apparently now on boot up NOTHING happens; and obviously he cannot get into
the BIOS.

I suggested either removing or shorting with a screwdriver the jumper on
CMOS and also remove battery, But alas this never sorted
it................he claims ONCE he got a quick display (2 seconds) on the
monitor of the BIOS but then nothing. Now he gets absolutely nothing at all.

Is it possible to cock up the motherboard without flashing the BIOS but just
by changing settings?

Any tips/advice would be welcome to pass on to him

Many thanks in advance