Old June 1st 04, 01:30 PM

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Ben Myers wrote:

Yes, the Compaq computers, especially Presarios, have their own special
proprietary front panel connectors. Now that you've replaced the motherboard
and power supply with industry-standard ones, you would be ahead of the game
replacing the chassis, too. A chassis with provision for standard USB ports in
front is not too expensive. And I would assume that the MSI motherboard has a
USB connector on it? ... Ben Myers

Yes, but...

In my slow and cost-conscious project of evolving a Compaq computer
into a non-Compaq computer, a new chassis is surely on my list, but
I've been hoping my next upgrade/swap would be to replace one of the
optical drives with a DVD-writer. A new case would probably follow
that
- Chas.