Old October 15th 18, 02:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default WinSetupFromUSB & New BIOS

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:41:28 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Think the above (WinSetupFromUSB 2nd proviso) is a software ACHI
loader
-

Looking at the stick, it's a PLoP routine. Appears MSFT also uses or
rewrites them if of possible *nix origins for the Win7 loader routine.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System...-Manager.shtml

-

I incur this WinSetupFromUSB 2nd proviso - rather subroutine, my older
BIOS sets do not.

(usenet mailreader formatting reserves unaccounted)

-
:usb_is_fd
::start PLoP
::find if PLoP is already loaded
::http://forum.plop.at/index.php/topic,165.0.html
::cat --hex --locate=PoLPu@ (md)0x3D0 0x130 && goto XXX
cat --hex --locate=PoLPu@ (md)0x3D0 0x130 && echo It seems PLoP was
already loaded && goto :s_end
echo It seems your USB disk was seen as a Floppy/ZIP disk by BIOS.
echo Will try to launch PLoP boot manager which might help to make the
USB disk seen as a hard disk.
echo This is experimental and is not guaranteed to work as expected.
echo If you are using USB keyboard, you won't be able to use it after
the menu reloads.
echo
echo The highlighted menu entry will auto start after 10 seconds. You
can shut down or reset the computer if it's not the desired one.
echo
pause --wait=20 Press any key to continue or wait 20 seconds to
timeout
ls /plpbt.bin nul || find --set-root --devices=hf /plpbt.bin
savedefault
::debug on
chainloader /plpbt.bin
boot