Old October 14th 18, 09:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default WinSetupFromUSB & New BIOS

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 19:57:05 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Didn't notice anything with HIRENs & WinSetupFromUSB, but went to
install a Win7 ISO and the USB manager kicked into a second proviso to
access a BIOS id on USB-HDD -- something about the BIOS reporting it
for a Floppy. Also never encoutered that on the other MBs, (always
the first), just this new one. Past that, I got the W7 install
through. May be addressed by a later revision WinSetupFromUSB,
although the more OS ISO installs, toolkits and such, the more complex
it gets. Next planned install and my flashstick will be half full
with 16G of multiboot menued items.

-
Think the above (WinSetupFromUSB 2nd proviso) is a software ACHI
loader, although ACHI is only mentioned in conjunction with the CD/DVD
from the BIOS, whereas it's AUTO for the HDDs themselves. I'll dig
out the MB PDF off the CD one of these days.

Only had to load the network drivers off the CD, anyway, rest is
satisfactory enough from native potshot W7 drivers;- ASUS soundboard
of course excluded.

New unstruck-lightning modem, cheap-out replacement is a bit wack-o.
Blacklisting, picking up constant bogons [bogosity factoring] a
higherend unit before lacked. Arris(tm) and subscription supplied.

HDD SSD wasn't cool. Basic trim-down on W7 from 20G to 9G: Kill
Hibernation vis Powercnf -H off, and send the swap file not to Kill my
SSD - vis on a dedicated 8G plattered partition.

Maybe 5minute HD SSD write/read of compressed 5G image of OS.

3Minute SSDSSD on disparate units, basically the same at a two-way
trip. Haven't extensively done the Ghost compression factor - Low
High Medium or straight-streaming None. Might be able to get it down
to 2M30S, but 9G is nowhere a PCMag contributor is bragging about
cutthroating W7 bloat into 3G off RT7.

I'll need get into something more hardcore for more...someday
https://rt-se7en-lite.en.softonic.co...oftonic-review