Old August 30th 08, 08:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Trish

Default Added Memory to EVO D51S; now need to bypass F1 prompt

I just bought a used EVO D51S and need to add more memory (going from
256 MB to 512), but I get a diagnostic to the effect that the PC is
missing a microcode patch and I have to hit F1 to continue. I've
never updated a BIOS and I'm not even sure if my D51S is part of the
D310 or D510 series. (I've found both on the web.) So I'd like not to
update the BIOS but, instead, just bypass the F1 prompt. I've read
others recommend ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp0501-1000/SP0667.ZIP
to get nof1.com. However if I try to retrieve the zip file with IE, I
get an empty directory; and when I use my FTP program, it says my
anonymous log-in is rejected.

I'd really appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thank you.

Trish