Old June 28th 07, 10:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default Hp Compaq 6510b/6710b

On Jun 28, 4:51 am, Raghav wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to buy a new laptop for my development related needs.
I already have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron and the new one will replace
it for my technical needs.

I plan to put a Sizable linux partition (Ubuntu) on the system.

Before buying, I am looking for user comments.. People who have
already used this..

or any other hp compaq notebooks.. how r they ?

worth their money ? good ? bad ? ugly ? wonderful ?
heat too much ? too much noise ? how do the parts behave..

general stuff like that...

I appreciate all input.

regards
raghav..

One thing i've seen with the newer hp and compaqs I don't like is the
touchpad. The ones that have the touchpad painted silver. What
happens is *everyone* wears away the silver coating in short order,
just by using it normally. The pad still works fine. But it's darn
ugly.

Reliability-wise, the ones with the amd processors have a higher
failure rate. I can't speak to the newest models just yet.

Getting wireless stuff to work in linux can be a headache. Due to the
limited availability of drivers.