Old July 10th 03, 09:00 PM
Larc

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:13:36 GMT, Mike Mastro pondered exceedingly, then took
quill in hand and carefully composed...

| I've got three of these cases and in all of them the power supply fans turn
| on. One dumb question - you did plug in the small 3-prong plug into the
| motherboard which powers the P/S fans, right? If so, and they don't ever
| turn on, then either the P/S fans are bad or the fan lead from the
| motherboard is bad (never seen that one).

Now it's my turn to be dumb. Plug something into the motherboard to power the
PSU fans? The PSU is where is power is. It should power the fans itself. I
have seen connections on a few motherboards for monitoring the PSU fan(s), but
not for powering it (or them). But many motherboards — all mine included — have
no such connections. The MSI 845GE Max in this system has a CPU fan connector
and one system (case) fan connector. That's all!

Larc

§§§ - Please raise temperature of mail to reply by e-mail - §§§