Old June 2nd 06, 02:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default What's the best memory module for gamming??? Memory experts read here...

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 03:29:19 -0700, wrote:

On Tue, 30 May 2006 22:59:40 -0400, DDC
wrote:

What's the best memory module for gamming???

I plan to spend about 150$ canadian on 2x512mb or 1gig of ram...

My specs a
a amd athlon 64bits 3200 on a asus board nf4 a8n5x with a memory
controller that support 50ns 60ns 70ns memory speed.

I would prefer to get the lowest timming as possible as it is known to
best perform on amd os

These days they recommend you go for 2 Gigs of ram for new games. So
I'd look into the 1Gig sticks. As for timing, you need to decide if
you want to run with fast timings at stock cpu speeds or overclock
with lower timings and faster memory eg PC4000 etc. Some people say
that brute force cpu speed is more important than cas 2.

I'd look for 1 Gig sticks that would let you run at 250-300mhz

thanks but i will look for a straight 2x1gigs mem for around 120$
Canadian from Kingston. Its a pc3200 cas3 dual channel. i will match
that with my 2x512mb cheap infineon one as i have 4mem slot, or trash
that peace of **** if it doesn't work with the Kingston.

I just hope that Kingston doesn't use mosel chips or victolic one.

Whit that i wont have any message of windows saying that my virtual
memory is low after turning off battlefield2.