Old May 31st 06, 06:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default What's the best memory module for gamming??? Memory experts readhere...

* DDC:

What's the best memory module for gamming???

A good standard brand name module...

I plan to spend about 150$ canadian on 2x512mb or 1gig of ram...

My specs a
a amd athlon 64bits 3200 on a asus board nf4 a8n5x with a memory
controller that support 50ns 60ns 70ns memory speed.

If performance is your main issue then get 2x512MB because the nForce4
will run them in dual channel mode...

I would prefer to get the lowest timming as possible as it is known to
best perform on amd os

There is no "amd os". And it's not known that modules with lowest timing
perform best on an AMD system, that's utterly BS. The difference between
slower and faster modules is usually barely measureable and far from
being noticeable...

And i would like to know if there is alot of difference between 1gig
of low cost memorys vs expensive one.

Ie: the goods and the cons, beside garantie,reliability and brands.

Get good standard brand name modules from Micron/Crucial, Kingston or
MDT and you're set. Don't waste any money on "high speed" memory
modules, better invest some money to buy 2x1024MB instead of 2x512MB
which probably will give you the best performance...

Benjamin