Old June 11th 05, 01:49 AM
Tara K.

Default Who made the Hendrix board?

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone here can help. I'm trying to dig up the front panel connector
assignments for a "PWA-Hendrix" motherboard. The original Compaq part number
was 010697-101. It has since been replaced (or was replaced) with another
type of motherboard, HP part number is 174535-001. Please note that this HP
part number, I'm relatively certain, does *not* refer to the original
Hendrix board used in this PC.

I've managed to establish that the board came out of a Compaq DeskPro EPor
EC series, or possibly an EVO. I cannot find any technical specs that show
the front panel header pin assignments, anywhere. I've already checked
through most of the service docs for the EP and EC series . . . nada. Or at
least, nothing that relates to this particular board (e.g. the technical
service manual has pinouts for the front panel, but nothing that even
vaguely relates to the labelling on the board).

The front panel header is labelled "J37" on this board, right next to J40
which is labelled "SCSI Led". The board has 4 PCI slots, no ISA, 2 DIMM, and
is a socket 370. I'm guessing it's going to turn out to be a PCChips or a
MSI board, relabelled for HP . . . . but which one?

Anyone give me a clue as to who made the Hendrix board? And the model
number? Or the pin assignments? I would be very grateful for any help.

TK