Old July 2nd 03, 08:51 AM
Martian

Hot tip -- if it breaks, take everything out of the chassis before you
mail it to service so you won't have to try to get it back!!! It's a
catch-22. I called their help line immediately after I opening the
box and tested the system and learned the RAM was missing, and their
phone message said to e-mail instead. So I hung up and e-mailed, and
(after a long time of calls back and forth), today I was told they are
denying my claim because they have no record of my e-mail and I hadn't
called them quickly enough when I noticed the item was missing!!!

Fortunately, I'm a cyber-packrat, and I keep everything--including
their May 1 reply to my e-mail with my original message attached (I
then responded to their reply)!!! We've been going around in circles
since late April-early May and I still don't have my RAM back that
they removed!!! That's why when my spouse asked for a new computer a
few weeks ago, I ordered one from the Dell Web site. I just couldn't
face giving more money to them after they kept my property. The
system is not nearly as quick as it was before the repair, and I'm
hoping it's just the lack of RAM--and that they will finally send it
back since I forwarded their e-mail back to them as proof!!! I love
our Dell.

"Rob Fruth" wrote in message . ..
My Compaq Presario is 18 months old and still works like a charm.

--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://web2.airmail.net/rfruth

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

"Martian" *********************** wrote in message
m...
Yes -- my spouse wanted a computer, so a few weeks ago I ordered a
Dell.

- snip -

---