Old July 20th 03, 04:21 PM
Ken'

Richard
I'm new to this too, but I think that when you boot with the Win XP CD, you
have to hit the F6 key when prompted to install drivers for the raid drives
from the floppy drive, as it will not recognize the drive until it has
drivers for it.
Ken'

"Richard" wrote in message
et...
Ok..I'm building anew system. I put 2 WD 120's (one is master 1 is slave)

in
series and plugged into the Raid_PR1 slot. I boot; walk thru Bios ok. I

then
press Tab and use the Via software to set up my Raid. I have several

issues
I could really use help on:

1. I would like to use the Raid 0/1 but it's grayed out. Thoughts?

2. I then chose the Raid 0 for performance and set the block's at 32

3. I select the HD array.

4. I exit the Via config software and then re-boot with the XP Pro CD in

the
master CD/DVD drive

5. The OS setup load the various drivers.

6. I tell it to install and the OS setup says there are no HD's.

Tried everything I can think of but nothing. (I should say this is my

first
Raid setup attempt ever). Appreciate any suggestions or direction on what

need to do to get the OS to recognize the array so I can finish building
this unit.

Richard