Old July 20th 03, 04:01 PM
Richard

Default P4P800 Deluxe - New Sys - XP Pro not recognizing the stiped HD's

Ok..I'm building anew system. I put 2 WD 120's (one is master 1 is slave) in
series and plugged into the Raid_PR1 slot. I boot; walk thru Bios ok. I then
press Tab and use the Via software to set up my Raid. I have several issues
I could really use help on:

1. I would like to use the Raid 0/1 but it's grayed out. Thoughts?

2. I then chose the Raid 0 for performance and set the block's at 32

3. I select the HD array.

4. I exit the Via config software and then re-boot with the XP Pro CD in the
master CD/DVD drive

5. The OS setup load the various drivers.

6. I tell it to install and the OS setup says there are no HD's.

Tried everything I can think of but nothing. (I should say this is my first
Raid setup attempt ever). Appreciate any suggestions or direction on what I
need to do to get the OS to recognize the array so I can finish building
this unit.

Richard