Old August 9th 10, 07:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Which video card with HDMI output for use with HDTV?

On Aug 8, 5:37 pm, wrote:
I have a smallish 1080p HDTV and want to hook a desktop
up to it

Any advice on which video card to buy for such use?

I went from the standpoint of the HDTV connection options. SVGA --
not for all games, not for all streaming video, but everything else is
fine. May want to look into matching the "native" resolution of the
display within display modes the card supports (I run mine slightly
under, so it's not exactly 1:1 -- not bad for OEM drivers, as native
mode wasn't available at the time my card was marketed).