Old May 9th 04, 01:41 PM
CrimsonLiar

If your mother isnt brand new, and the fan has only just started becoming
noisy then before you do anything rash, try giving it a blast from a can of
compressed air. If that does the trick (you fan noise drops) then consider
adding some kind of filter to your PC's case.

CrimsonLiar

PS: I wonder what the record for dust build up in a PC is, the worst I've
seen is about 4cms spread evenly over the motherboard in a desktop PC, it
came in for a service because it kept crashing (I wonder why)...

"Hammer Toe" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get a replacement NB fan for this MB?

*OR* care to recomend an alternative solution??? I seem to recall
reading/hearing that there are fanless/passive heatsink solutions 'out
there'?

Anyone know who makes something suitable/where I might consider buying
something? Also-anyone had any HANDS-ON experience with such an
alternative?

Did they work well?

Any trouble doing the CHANGE? (Eg. removing the old heat sink)?

TIA!