Old November 4th 03, 10:37 PM
luminos

Ooops...Any Pioneer ca. A06.

"luminos" wrote in message
A PC ca. 1 ghz.
Windows 2000 or XP
Pinnacle PCI analog to video direct MPEG or Canopus (do not go AVI and
convert...the time is not worth it for videotape). Get a
hardware MPEG2 encoder.
DVD Burner-Pioneer A04
DVD Author or DVDXMAKER software.

well under $2K.

see www.videoguys.com for such.

'
"Marcellus Wallace" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ok, so I'm looking for advice on what sort of computer equipment I need

for
the project I'm taking on. I work at a talent agency and we want to be

able
to put together our actors' demo reels on DVD. Up to now, we have been

using
video tape. For a bunch of different reasons that are pretty obvious, it
would be better to have them on DVD. Generally, the reels will only be

10-15
minutes in length. We need the DVDs we make to be playable on standard

DVD
players, not just DVD-ROMs or whatever. We also need to be able to

extract
scenes from other DVDs and then save them permanently to the hard drive

so
that whenever we need to cut a new reel, we can do it relatively easily.

So given what we want to do, what kind equipment and software do we

need?
I'm thinking we may just buy a new computer specifically for this task.

I've
been given a budget of $4K or so, but I was hoping to do it for far

less.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.