Old June 17th 07, 09:31 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt
John Jordan

Default Ebuyer unbranded memory doesn't work - how do I even know I havethe right stick?

Jonathan wrote:

Phew! My head aches! I got a reply from the generic manufacturer.They
say:

[snip]

I'm almost shocked that they a) replied to you and b) know what they're
talking about. If you're still confused, the key point is that there are
two common ways to construct a 1GB stick - you can use 16 512Mbit chips
or 8 1Gbit chips (1 byte = 8 bits). Your board only supports 512Mbit,
256Mbit and 128Mbit chips.

There are other compatibility issues, but they only apply if you're
using multiple sticks per channel or buying unbranded memory.

--
John Jordan