Old November 27th 04, 08:58 PM
Roy

I'm using a BFG Nvidia GeForce FX 5900XT OC
Core Clock 430Mhz (vs 390Mhz standard)
Mem Clock 735Mhz Effective
Drivers 66.93
to drive my HP L2335 23" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

It is a good card. Plenty of power for the games I play. I play MS Flight
Sim 2004 COF mostly but I also play Uru: Complete Chronicles as well. I use
1920x1200 for my default desktop resolution, but for MSFS I use 1200x960 and
I get framerates in the 30s with all the goodies turned on. Quiet too.
Overall the best value card I could find when I bought it. Though I kind of
wish I'd waited for the agp version of the 6600 to come out. I saw one the
other day at new egg but I'd wait until the price came down and bfg offered
an agp version. I must say I absolutely love this monitor. My computer
uses the digital dvi connector. I use the s-vid input for my bedroom dvd
player and the composite input for my wife's GameCube. It rocks.

the rest of my system:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 939 90nm Winchester 1.8Ghz oc'd to 2.6Ghz
ThermalTake Silent Tower CL-P0025
MSI K8N Neo 2 Plat Model 7025 Bios 1.41 (beta)
OCZ Perf Series PC3500 DDR 433 512MB at 237Mhz 3-4-4-10 x 2 (dual channel)
Lian Li Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Case PC-V1000
MGE Vigor 500 PSVG-500 500w Power Supply
Maxtor 160GB 7200RPM 8MG IDE ATA133 6Y160P0 x 2 (Raid - 0)
LG Electronics GCC-4521BB 52x32x52x16 Combo Drive
WinXP Pro
DX 9.0c

Roy

"Ray" wrote in message
om...
Sorry for crossposting, I couldn't find a general videocard group...

I need to drive a HP LP2335 via a Single Link DVI cable on 1920x1200,
preferrably on 60Hz (I need the 1920x1200 more than the 60Hz).
This only seems to be possible when using the "reduced blanking"
feature.

There is no need for fancy video-card with quick 3D stuff. No
multimedia home theater stuff. Just need for a large screen area of
pixels to show a very big window.

Which low budget videocards are capable of doing 1920x1200@60Hz over
Single Link DVI where the video driver has the reduced blanking
feature?

Ray