Old April 8th 21, 06:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm Why[_2_]

Default Gigabyte BIOS Upgrade F11b BETA solved a lot of diffuse hardware problems

Hi,

A 'lot of diffuse hardware problems' is a story too long to recite. I was
reluctant to upgrade to a BETA BIOS. When I did I thought I'd bricked the
machine. After a nights sleep, I realized the upgrade had reset to defaults
/ PCI monitor rather than PCIe. Now hardware works perfect. However, 500GB
Seagate Barracuda says it has 30% life left. The red light that indicates
drive activity glowed too often.