Old November 26th 16, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Mark Lloyd[_6_]

Default Can't format 64 GB USB flash drives as FAT32?

On 11/26/2016 09:11 AM, Silver Slimer wrote:

[snip]

There are limitations to FAT32 partition sizes as far as I know. The
same way that FAT16 was limited to 2GB (if I remember correctly), FAT32
has limitations of 4GB for file sizes so it would be an issue for you
going forward and the filesystem is therefore to be avoided.

https://wiki.vuze.com/w/FAT32_file_size_limit

FAT(32) is limited by the use of a 32-bit field to store the number of
sectors on a disk. 2 ^ 32 * 512 = 2TB. This is the limit for FAT32.

BTW, the same number is the limit for physical drives with MBR.

--
29 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers
that may never be questioned."