Old November 20th 14, 01:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

Default fans start-stop-start when booting

wrote in message
I have noticed with many PCs, when booting, the CPU fan goes on for a few
seconds, stops, then starts again. On some the first start is at full
screaming RPM.
Why is this so?
Some people even think something is wrong with the PC when it behaves
thus.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. My Acer laptop has done that
from day one, and my homebuilt desktop does it quite often. I think it's
just the initial start-up of the CPU that triggers it, but why it does it
sometimes and not all the time, I can't say. I have noticed that it seems to
be more prevalent with the ~2GHz+ CPU's than it was with the older, slower
ones.
Just an observation, not an explanation :-)
--
SC Tom