Old September 28th 13, 08:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

Default Newegg

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:32:49 -0500, Charlie Hoffpauir
wrote:

I've had the opposite experience with Amazon resellers, having
returned several items without any problem (other than paying for
shipping back). The most expensive item was the screen for a Motorola
smart phone, which I bought but couldn't install, and returned, which
was promptly refunded.

I've had only two bad experiences with resellers on Amazon.

In the first case I don't think they knew about the problem. I
specifically asked about the different appearance and was assured it
was nothing but a packaging change. Nope--the company that produced
it also nerfed the product when they changed the packaging. I would
have been happy with them simply taking it back and paying the return
shipping, they wouldn't agree and Amazon sided with me.

The second is currently ongoing--the company that "produced" (the name
on it, there's an outsourced supplier) it was unaware that the latest
version appears not to be compatible with XP. They have managed to
reproduce the failure with hardware in their own office and are
dealing with the supplier who says it works with XP. Since they seem
to be trying to solve the problem I'm giving them a chance to before
returning it.