Old September 27th 13, 07:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Charlie Hoffpauir

Default Newegg

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:00:20 -0400, "geoff" wrote:

you'll have return problems.

I ordered a book from Amazon one time and a reseller sent me a used book but
charged the new book price. I sent the book back and after a lot of back
and forth, Amazon finally refunded my money. The reseller closed then
opened again under a slightly different name.

The item item I ordered from Newegg is $7, so, I've written it off.
Assuming it even arrives, it'll probably be broken. The reseller model is a
nice scam for the resellers.

I've had the opposite experience with Amazon resellers, having
returned several items without any problem (other than paying for
shipping back). The most expensive item was the screen for a Motorola
smart phone, which I bought but couldn't install, and returned, which
was promptly refunded.