Old January 3rd 04, 02:01 AM
Tom Scales

Isn't the native screen resolution 1024x768? Laptops don't handle other
resolutions and your symptom is a resolution under the optimum one.

Tom
"the yeti" wrote in message
om...
All right, I have a Presario 12xl526. Celeron 733, 320MB RAM.
Origionally came with ME. ME was riddled with problems, so it was
decided to format and reinstall. I figured I would try XP, see if the
system could handel it. It did pretty good, except for 1 problem, a 1
inch frame around the display. Resolution is set at 800x600. Of course
this Computer was designed for 2k or ME so there are no Compaq drivers
available for XP. I search and tried some other ones, no luck. Ok,
so now back to the begining. I am currently installing 2k and while
it is still installing, I have the same problem, a 1 inch black frame
around the 800x600 display. It is actually 1 inch on the top and
bottom, and about 1/4 inch on each side, looks like I am watching a
DVD in Widescreen format. I tried pressing Fn+T, but that didn't
work. There are no options in the limited BIOS to change.

Any help here would be greatly appricated, this Laptop should work in
full screen mode.

PS.

When ME was installed, it did the "widescreen" thing while it booted,
but as soon as the OS was up it went to fullscreen.

TIA

Jeremy