Old October 17th 18, 12:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Char Jackson

Default Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009 (tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 22:59:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 5:39:08 AM UTC+2, Char Jackson wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:29:09 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

(Modem works fine for internetting, just can't get into the menu, resets connections when attempting too, may be a weird DHCP misconfiguration ?!?)

DHCP? Aren't you manually configuring the network (IP, mask, GW, DNS) on
your PC? If so, DHCP is out of the picture.

DHCP is working fine as far as I can tell:

1. Public IP address is assigned to my PC when modem is "properly" connected.

2. Local IP address is assigned to my PC when modem is booting or disconnected.

This last one surprised me a bit.

That's standard DOCSIS cable modem behavior.

The fact I can't get in worries me, I am worried this cable modem is hacked by somebody who may have installed a modified firmware version locking me out.

If your ISP tech support won't tell you how to access the device, maybe
there's a forum where you can ask other customers.

Keep in mind that it's entirely possible for the modem and the router to
have separate admin access, each with its own IP.

Hmmm.. so modem on different ip than admin access that what you mean ?

So modem IP A, menu IP B ?

As far as I can tell, it's both a modem and a router, two devices in one
unit, so I'm thinking it's possible that each of those two functions has
its own admin access. If so, there'd be two admin IP addresses, each
with its own username and password. I'm coming to that conclusion
because what you've posted so far is just the cable modem side of the
device and nothing to do with the router. Maybe the router is really at
http://192.168.178.1 after all, while the modem interface is at
http://192.168.100.1.