Old December 8th 12, 09:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

Default Frank Jr's restore

On 12/7/2012 11:26 AM, Frank wrote:

Just saw this on his Facebook:

Dad's 6 year old PC had a virus & was inoperable...Three hours later,
its a system restore to factory settings , patch updates, and it runs
like a dog.....New Computer ? Another restore ? Ubuntu to the
rescue....30 minutes later a perfectly fine running desktop running free
Linux...taking down the evil empire 1 PC at a time...

Can I live with Linux?

Thunderbird and Firefox will probably be OK but what if I need to run
others like Turbotax?

Any thoughts?

My mentors said in the 70's, to pick the applications that you want to
run and then pick the OS that will run them. And for me at Least, Linux
just doesn't have the applications that I want to run. I do have Linux a
couple of spare computers. Although they don't do much for me except
email, newsgroups, and web browsing.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v12.0.1