Old August 23rd 03, 02:23 AM
Shawn Milochik

Once upon a time (Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:15:40 -0400), Jeff came seeking
enlightenment from the community, after having tried everything possible
to get it to work by (him|her)self. Failing that, they wrote:

snip
the machine starts, I get the Windows XP splash screen for a half
second, then a flash of a blue screen which I can't read, and the
machine restarts. Whichever option I choose, it goes around in circles.

Any suggestions as to what I might need to do to get this thing to boot
up would be gratefully received. Thanks Jeff

I know that this is exactly the opposite of what you're looking
for here, but in my experience, if you change a major piece of hardware,
the safest and best thing is just to re-install the OS and your software.

Just get it over with and do it, because it sounds like you're going
to have to eventually. I'm just thinking, even if you get past this
initial problem and can boot, that doesn't mean that there won't be
other minor (or not so minor) issues once you start trying to get
stuff done.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here -- it just looks like this may be
inevitable.

Shawn