Old August 1st 04, 06:51 AM
Tyler

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:24:25 -0400, HH transmitted this:

Might try a Selective Restore on the Compaq DVD Navigator/Player.

Okay, how would I tell him how to do that over the phone? I don't want to be
the one that talks him into accidentally wiping his drive.

TC

HH

"Tyler" wrote in message
.. .
Hi, a friend of mine installed/uninstalled a Dazzle flash card reader in

his
Presario a while back, and ever since, the DVD drive won't play DVDs. No

clue
if the two things have anything to do with each other.

Audio CDs play fine in the drive, data cds work, but the DVDs go to a

black
screen and even ctrl+alt+del doesn't bring it back.

I'm thinking a shared file might have gotten deleted, but being I'm not

right
there to see, I'm at a loss.

He's got Win98, 800x600x24-bit, using Compaq's CDVDPLAY.exe to run the

dvds, but
the interactual player from one of the DVDs had the same problem.

Apparently
the data portion of the DVD ran, but the menus and movie won't come up.

Thanks for any help,
TC