Old May 14th 18, 11:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default [BBC] IBM workers banned from using USB sticks

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 11:20:19 AM UTC+8, Jason wrote:

I recall a few years ago reading that the Pentagon had
such a policy in place and had filled USB sockets with
epoxy to enforce it.

Last place I worked, the PCs were all fitted with DVD-ROM drives, i.e. no
burners. The front panel USB sockects were unplugged, but not the rear ones.
They were small form factor PCs, mounted under custom-made desks, that made
it pretty hard for anybody to use the rear socket with making a commotion.