Old June 16th 04, 12:29 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"doughy" wrote in message
It is weird but someone has a buy it now price and others are just bidding
for it, i once put a plextor cdrw on ebay and had a buy it now for £60

and
got £72 for it! All depends on how bad u want it i guess.

doughy

"REMUS" wrote in message
Right i'm thinking about making a new pc rather then just upgrade my

current
one and I was looking for another mobile cpu on ebay, but this confused

me
unless ebay bidders really are *that* stupid.

Becuase here we have a buy it now for £52 a 2.6 ghz xp althlon mobile.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6568 421&rd=1

+ here we have the same cpu that people have bidded on up to £63

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6491 133&rd=1

Now the obvious difference is the pcb's of the cpus are different but

that
buy it now image doesnt look like a photo of the actual cpu.

Is there a difference in the oc'ability of these cpus? Why have people
bidded against each other for a cpu that looks as though it is almost
identical to the other for £11 more?

Cheers

Right, look @ the price of just one
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...117-017&depa=0
I didn't pay this much for either one of the two I have.
& they were not just OEM's either.
I cant wait to have the money to finish the darn thing.
Oh, how I wish I would've went with AMD instead.
Then again, I would have to run 2003 Server just to get the 64Bit support +
I'm not sure
on an Opteron weather or not Win2003 Server even supports 64Bit AMD
I think only for Intel Itanium support, not AMD 64.
http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/...opteron_1.html
This page seems to say by now, there's support, but is there really?
Do? With a server?
File-Server, I want to put the biggest of HD's in the system to hold big
files + so as to
re-encode files while I capture new one's.

Sorry for getting side track, if some one wants something bad enough, the'll
pay a lot for it.
You said about a Lite On Bus Link? Most of those drives can burn the 90
& 99Min cd-r's
And ppl who want to do it, know this.
I wouldn't get rid of mine for anything.
The thing won't hit an error in Nero Overburn test @ all,,, That is, with
a 99Min cd-r
It hits 99:58.74 or something like that, the highest setting for nero, then
nero tells me to enter
something higher for the test.

Denny. :-)