Old October 10th 05, 01:06 AM
Wes Newell

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 17:16:41 +0400, jf wrote:

Hi u all,

I've just changed my motherboard to a K7s41 with an Sempron 2.4Ghz -
Windows refuses to start, but fortunately, Linux runs . But at boot time,
I can read 1000 Mhz ( 100 x 10 ) as CPU Frequency ! I've searched all
around on the net and in the manual, but I really don't understand what I
must do .
The FSB jumers are set for 200 Mhz on the board, and the Bios FSB actual
Frequency is 100 Mhz .
Should I set the jumpers to 266 , 333 ? And then change the FSB value in
the BIOS to obtain 1667 ?
I don't want to overclock it, just have it work at its speed

Yeah you do. It's underclocked as is at default speed. set FSB to 200MHz
for a cpu speed of 2000MHz (10x200) (athlon XP 2400+ speed). And if you
can get the FSB up to 233MHz, that would be even better. If you just have
to have it a default clock, set FSB to 166MHz.

Thanks in advance,
jf