Old January 30th 05, 05:22 PM

Al wrote:
that's fantastic, just what I was wanting. I've spent a good deal of

time
researching, after the pointers you gave, then settled on the Sempron

2400.
How does that cpu, at 1.66GHz, compare to a Celeron at say, 2.0?

BTw, I have a PcChips MB in the computer I'm on now, and never had a

problem
with it.

Would I have to reinstall '98 for the new MB?

On the reinstall, I would say yes, just because it will help 98 be more
stable. Most likely you can get away with just a swap out, and
reinstall all the new chipset drivers, but you price for doing that is
stability of the OS.

Sempron 2400 vs. Celeron D. Humm, I am not really sure, but I'd guess
that they were most likely comparable. It dosn't sound like you are
trying to build a gaming or video editing machine. So then price
becomes the issues, and the Sempron wins totally.