Old February 13th 04, 02:58 AM
Si

case temp now running at 40C
CPU at 48C

Now I have 1 fan blowing in, 4 fans blowing out. (there are loads of slits
in the top of my case for ventilation - I guess air is being drawn in
through these).

Si.

"ICee" wrote in message
Si wrote:
I have a new case as the cooling was a bit of an issue on my old one.
In this new case I have

1 fan, on side panel, sucking are into the case

good

1 fan, on the top of the case, blowing air out

good

1 fan, at back of case, blowing air out (exhaust fan in the PCI slot)

good

2 fans, at back of case, sucking air in

*Bad*. Fans at the back of the case should be exhausting air out of the
case.

1 fan, at front of case, circulating air inside the case (it is not
near a vent) - this is a 120mm fan

Don't think that will help anything, other than circulate hot air. If
you have a place to mount a fan in the front of the case, install a fan
there, blowing into the case, and remove the "circulating" fan.

even with all these - and a PC that sounds like an aeroplane about to
take off - my CPU (AMD XP2800+) still runs at 53C (running SETI at
100% CPU load) - case = 48C.

Not surprising with the rear fans blowing into the case.

Is there a better config for my fans other than the setup above?
Should I reverse the direction of some of the fans?

Cheers,
Si.

Follow the above advice, and your temps should drop precipitously.