Old February 5th 04, 02:21 AM
Peter da Silva

In article ,
Arthur Begun wrote:
Read an article that predicts 27 gig capacity DVD's by 2006
will put tape out of business.

You think? 20G tape is "too small to bother with", 110G is "last
generation", and pretty soon you'll be measuring cartridges in
terabytes instead of gigabytes. How will they do it? Heck if I know,
but even if flexible media trails rigid media in the density curve
tape's got a whole lot of surface area to waste.

--
I've seen things you people can't imagine. Chimneysweeps on fire over the roofs
of London. I've watched kite-strings glitter in the sun at Hyde Park Gate. All