Old February 26th 04, 03:13 PM
Googler_since_1912

"Tom Scales" wrote in message ...
OK, I agree it is bad that they are not online (Dell's always are), but
where do you see a class action suit? It's not like there is some obscure
law that they have to give you a driver CD.

You see, they were all in nice directories on the hard drive that you, cough
cough, neglected to back up before you blew them away.

Our society is sue-happy.

Tom

Don't assume that HP always loads the drivers into a directory
somewhere on the HD because they don't. They should be bound by law
to provide you with "backup" cd's because you go through hell and back
when you unpack a system and the HDD is bad from the get-go or a user
has done something irreversible;-)

FWIW, Dell's online driver support is the best you will ever find
ESPECIALLY working for a large organization but most users have the
cd's laying around thier desk when you get there.

Me

**The comments posted here are my own and do not reflect those of the
organization I work for**