Old February 22nd 11, 07:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Levine[_7_]

Default Dimension 8400 Processor

On 2/21/2011 2:37 PM, Bruce Varney wrote:
I have a Dimension 8400 fitted with a Pent 4 3.20 GHz processor SL7J7. I
wish to change the processor for something a little faster, can I
substitute a SL96H 3.60 GHz processor. The Motherboard already has 4Gb
of PC2-5300 (DDR2-667) memory fitted. I finding that the PC is a little
slow when running Photoshop CS3 especially when going through the
procedure to set up printing. It is running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Otherwise the machine runs fine.

No single core processor is going run Photoshop very well, even a
version as old as CS3.

I wouldn't waste my money...you'll never be able to see the difference.

Bob