Old August 27th 08, 06:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
~misfit~[_3_]

Default Capacitors on graphics cards...

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Paul" typed:
~misfit~ wrote:

Thanks Paul. I'm still not sure of what to do but appreciate your
input. I've uploaded some pics (mainly of the old PCI card) he

http://s308.photobucket.com/albums/kk349/misfitnz/

Cheers,

Perhaps if you note the part number for the regulator chip
on each of the regulator circuits, you can find more info
on how they're designed. It might give you a better idea of
what the caps are for.

Ok. My knowledge of electronic components is fairly rudimentary and reall
yconsists of finding repacement components and soldering them in. :-(

Xbitlabs has volt modded a few cards
over the years, and shown schematic snippets.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...gf4ti4400.html

Yeah, those crazy Russians! I often read X-bit Labs site, usually a good
read.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.