Old October 28th 03, 05:13 PM
Andy

In article , spam@nospam.
com says...

We are planning to setup a cheaper SAN using ATA based disk arrays from
NexSan for nearline/archive/disk based backup storage.
These NexSan's come with 2GB FC ports and hence wanted feedback on Vixel's
9000 fabric switch. How easy is it to configure and maintain? We anticipate
about 3 arrays and 2 hosts on one 8 port switch.
TIA
-G

they work fine
although they've been the mainstay of the MAC market for years
(AVID private labels them), they work fine in other enviornments

& recently a # of RAID manufacturers have been embeding them in
their products also

_____ . .
O// . . |
\_\ . . |
/ | . www.EvenEnterprises.com . . . |
/ . | 310-544-9439 / 310-544-9309 fax . . . o
Authorized - DIRECT VAR/VAD/Distributor for new SCSI/FC-AL peripherals
NAS/SAN/RAID from HP, IBM, Seagate, EMC, QLogic, ATL, OverLand Data